McDonalds, the famous American burger giant, has reportedly recalled more than 13.4 million of the ‘Shrek’ themed drinking glasses, after they were warned by US Consumer Product Safety Commission to stop using them, since they contained the toxic metal cadmium.


Sources say that Cadmium was found on the glasses in the paint colors that were used in designing the movie characters, which resulted in cadmium poisoning cases and a McDonalds Shrek glass recall on Friday. (UKTN)

According to UK Today News: “The McDonalds Shrek glasses contained very small amounts of the toxic metal, but keeping in mind children’s safety, McDonalds and US Consumer Product Safety Commission worked together on the recall. Around 12 million glasses were pulled out from the US McDonald’s outlets and some 1.3 million from Canada.”


sixteen + 1 =