Shanghai Disney to feature Chinese elements

Shanghai Disney to feature Chinese elements

115
0
SHARE

Robert Iger, chairman and chief executive officer of the Walt Disney Company, said that the Shanghai Disney Resort will have Chinese elements, which will help to make the amusement park unique. In an interview, Iger said that it is important that Shanghai Disneyland, which is currently under construction, incorporates enough elements which will be culturally relevant to Chinese people.

shanghai

The chief executive said, “In terms of Chinese elements, we feel it is important to balance China and Disney, not America, because the brand of Disney is global”. Iger went on to say that the new park must feature Disney things, as people in China like them and the company does not want to deprive people of that. It was also revealed that Shanghai Disney will have a lot of entertainment and show elements, which will be very Chinese in nature, as they will be performed by Chinese people and designed and directed by artists from China.

The new resort will be a venture between the Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group, with Shanghai Shendi Group holding 57 percent of the shares and Disney the remaining 43 percent. At the moment, the park is under construction and should be completed in 2015.