The new LG G3 Beat smartphone will retail for Rs. 25,000 in India.
LG launched a mini version of their flagship G3 smartphone on Tuesday, September 16 2014. The G3 will retail in Indian markets for Rs. 25,000, which will pit it against budget phones like of Sony Xperia C3 and Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. The new phone by LG will have a floating arc metallic design along with a fast laser auto focus, just like in the G3.
The G3 Beat has almost half the features of the G3 and comes at almost half the price. Here are some of the key features:
- Display: 5.0 inch HD IPS display
- Resolution: 1280 x 720, 294 ppi
- RAM: 1 GB
- Core: Quad-Core
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Operating System: Android v4.4 KitKat
- Internal memory: 8 GB internal, expandable to 32 GB with Micro SD card
- Camera: Primary: 8 megapixel; Secondary: 1.3 megapixel
- Battery: user-swappable 2540mAh battery
- Weight: 134g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0
- NFC: Yes
- Network: Supports 4G and 3G
The LG G3 Beat has retained some of the best features of the G3. These include:
- Gesture Shot: This feature allows users to clasp their hands in front of the screen to start a 3-second countdown before a picture is clicked.
- Touch and Shoot: Touching the screen anywhere will make the camera focus and take a shot.
- Smart Keyboard: An important feature for a touch phone, this learns how a user types and speeds up the typing process.
- Knock Code: A locking pattern that uses 3-8 taps to unlock the phone. There are about 86,000 different combinations and this unlocking solution is patented by LG.
While the features of the LG G3 Beat are great, it might not have been a smart decision by LG to price it at Rs. 25,000. With smartphones getting cheaper and Google Android One coming into India, the G3 Beat might struggle.