Search for the Missing Malaysian Flight MH 370, that went missing on March 8, 2014, has been called off. The aircraft that went off the radar was flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Beijing, China. It has been three years since the plane vanished and no traces have been found since then.

The Chinese, Australian and Malaysian officials released a joint statement announcing that the searchy has been called off officially. The three countries were leading the search for the missing plane with 239 people on board. The statement said, “Despite every effort using the best science available, cutting edge technology, as well as modeling and advice from highly skilled professionals who are the best in their field, unfortunately, the search has not been able to locate the aircraft. The decision to suspend the underwater search has not been taken lightly nor without sadness.”

The decision did not go down well with the relatives of the passengers on board who had formed a support group with the name Voice370. The statement from the group said, “Commercial planes cannot just be allowed to disappear without a trace. Stopping at this stage is nothing short of irresponsible, and betrays a shocking lack of faith in the data, tools and recommendations of an array of official experts assembled by the authorities themselves.”
With the conclusion of the search, the disappearance of the aircraft has become one of the greatest aviation mysteries in modern history. Millions of dollars were spent while searching across thousands of square miles but so far no new information was retrieved. China, Australia and Malaysia had jointly decided in July 2016 that if the aircraft was not located by the time 120,000 square kilometers had been covered, the search would be called off. Unfortunately, the investigators have not been able to say what caused the crash and the debris that was recovered so far has been of little help.

Photo Credits: intoday

LEAVE A REPLY