The players auction for the 3rd edition of the Indian Premiere League wasÂ held in Mumbai on 19th Jan 2010.
66 players from all Test playing nations were available for auction.
The list of the players who were bought and there prices are as follows
1. Kieron Pollard (Mumbai, USD750,000+),
2. Shane Bond (Kolkata, 750,000+)
3. Kemar Roach (Deccan, 720,000)
4. Wayne Parnell (Delhi, 610,000)
5. Mohammad Kaif (Punjab, 250,000)
6. Eoin Morgan (Bangalore, 220,000)
7. Damien Martyn (Rajasthan, 100,000)
8. Justin Kemp (Chennai, 100,000)
9. Thissara Perera (Chennai, 50,000)
10. Adam Voges (Rajasthan, 50,000)
11. Yusuf Abdulla (Punjab, 50,000)
The IPL franchises can buy only 12 cricketers which include the one who have returned from the Indian Cricket League (ICL).
8 cricketers from England and West Indies,.11 cricketers from Pakistan, Australia and South Africa and 9 players from Srilanka, 4 players from New Zealand and one each from Bangladesh, Canada and Holland are available for the auction.
Every franchise owner will have prize money of US $ 75,000 to buy a players from nine Test playing nations.