Japanese electronic giant Panasonic launches its latest P81 smartphone.
Electronic giant Panasonic has finally launched its latest addition to the P series, the P81 was launched after a hyped teaser fanfare. Priced above the sub 10,00 category the new flagship smartphone will cost Rs. 18,990 for the Indian market.
The new phone will be available from the third week of May, 2014.
Panasonic P81 key features-
- Display features- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS
- Core processor- 1.7 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali450-MP4 GPU
- Sim Features- Dual SIM with dual standby
- OS-Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Camera Features- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording, 2MP front-facing camera
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Memory- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with MicroSD
- Connectivity- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- Battery- 2500 mAh battery
Manish Sharma, Managing Director, Panasonic India at the launch said that “With the launch of the Panasonic P81, we have reached yet another milestone as this is the first model of the “P” series featured with octa-core processor. The introduction of this model reiterates our commitment to keep innovating as we believe that it is a direct result of the consumers’ needs, and customer centricity has to be at the core of developing products for the Indian consumer”
The stylisation of the phone is complemented by a whole lot of freebie features such as,
- App freebies amounting to Rs 9,900
- 6 month Evernote Premium services worth Rs 1800
- Free entertainment download from Hungama for a month
- India Today e-content and offers from Hot-n-Trendy Space.
- Premium screen guard and flip cover worth Rs 2000.
The teaser campaign’s tagline for the P81 –“A new colour everyday. Play more. Dress up your phone.” did catch a lot of attention initially, but only time will tell how the new phone performs amidst the stiff competition in the Indian market.
Photo Credits: Price Deals India