E-reader Amazon Kindle in India for Rs. 5,999.
Online giant Amazon’s India wing has launched an e-reader in India for Rs. 5,999. The new Amazon Kindle has a touchscreen interface, double the storage and a faster processor, compared to the previous e-reader. The new e-reader Amazon Kindle will start shipping to customers on October 9, 2014 and pre-orders for the device started yesterday, September 18, 2014.
Peter Larsen, Vice-President Amazon Kindle said, “Our new Kindle is small and light, with weeks of battery life, a 20% faster processor, twice the storage, and a touch interface.” The Kindle reader will come with Whispersync, a built-in dictionary along with other features like Kindle Freetime (Parental control software), Goodreads integration and a Vocabulary builder.
Users who buy the the new Amazon Kindle will have access to over 30,000 free e-books, over a million titles at Rs. 299, about 250,000 titles at Rs. 99 in the Kindle Store.
Also, makers of the e-reader Amazon Kindle are planning to have new features like Word Wise and Enhanced Search introduced over the next few months via over-the-air software updates.
- Vocabulary Builder: Any word that a user looks up in the dictionary is added to the Vocabulary builder to reinforce retention.
- Kindle Freetime: This is a parental control software which allows parents to monitor what books their child reads.
- Whispersync: It’s like an e-bookmark which saves the last page read, so you can pick up from where you left.
- Smart Lookup: With this software, you can lookup a word in the text without leaving the page via Wikipedia and X-Ray.
- Time to Read: This software lets you know how long it will take you to read a book/chapter based on your reading speed.
- Facebook/Twitter: The Kindle has Facebook and Twitter so that users can share meaningful quotes or passages they like in from the book.