The missing Malaysian Flight MH 370 disappeared in March 2014 and became one of the biggest mysteries in the airline industry. The flight went missing with 239 people on board. However, Australia, Malaysia and China called off the search which costed A$200 million in January 2017, despite protests from the families of people who were on board. Malaysia has now said that it has received proposals from three companies to continue the search for the flight MH 370.
Authorities have said that though they have received the proposals, they have not made any decisions so far. The MH 370 vanishes at the southern Indian ocean which was en route Beijing from Kuala Lumpur. Liow Tiong Lai, the transport Minister of Malaysia said that it has received proposals from the Dutch firm Fugro, US based firm Ocean Infinity and another unidentified Malaysian firm. Liow said, “We won’t be deciding anything now on whether we are embarking on a new search or not”.
The Transport Minister during an event at Kuala Lumpur said that they have to have a detailed discussion with the companies. Some of the earlier reports from Australia said that Malaysia could soon resume the search as early as within a week. But it was clarified that no decisions have been made so far. One of the companies, Ocean Infinity who have submitted a proposal have said that they would only want to be paid if the aircraft was found. Liow added that the proposals will be presented to the other countries involved including Australia and China before a decision is taken.
Flight number MH 370 was a Boeing 777 which went missing on March 8, 2014. Earlier reports had claimed that the flight was diverted thousands of miles over the southern Indian Ocean before it crashed in to the Western Australian coast.
Photo Credits: India